A tutorial of making inexpensive and easy party wear kundan jewellery set for beginners.
As a fashion design lecturer, I needed some fashionable jewellery for every event in our college. As I wanted to be unique every time, buying onetime wear jewellery for not less than 500INR was not worth. Wearing expensive gold jewellery for a college event didn’t make sense to me. Then I decided to make inexpensive costume jewellery. When I do so, being in a creative field, I could encourage my students to make their own jewellery too.
Kundan Jewellery Set
Budget: Within 75 INR
Time Required: 1-2 Hours
Skill Level: Easy
What You Need:
||33 pieces for necklace, 6 pieces for ear hangings|
||about 110 for necklace, 20 for ear hangings|
Note: You may use pliers to hold and shape the jump rings. Use of pliers speeds up the process.
How to make the necklace?
- Take a small purple kundan. Join a pink tear shaped kundan with a jump ring. Make 11+11+5 similar hangings.
- Take 33 big purple kundans. Make a long chain of them using 32 jump rings. Leaving 4 kundans on each end and leaving the 5 kundans at the centre, join the 11+11 hangings (mentioned in 1st step) using jump rings. This makes the necklace chain.
- Make a chain of 9 jump rings. Now take 3 hangings from remaining hangings made in step 1. Join them to 3rd, 5th and 7th jump ring in the jump ring chain. This will be the centre piece hanging.
- Take 4 bluekundans. Join them using 3 jump rings. Now take the centre piece hanging made in step 3. Join the two sides of the centre piece hanging to the first jump ring and third jump ring of blue kundan chain. Thus centre piece is ready.
- Do you remember we had left the centre of necklace without hangings? Now join the centre piece made in step 4, along with remaining 2 hangings to the necklace centre using jump rings as shown below.
- Finally, join the necklace to an adjustable braided cord.
- Kundan necklace is ready.
Making ear hangings
- Take 3 big purple kundans. Make a triangular structure using 4 jump rings as shown. Add extra jump ring to each jump ring/s.
- Take 3 blue kundans. Join them using 2 jump rings and make a chain. Join the 2 kundans at the side to 2 consecutive extra jump rings in the triangular structure made in above step.
- Take a jump ring. Add it to the remaining 3rd extra jump ring. Add a blue kundan to it which in turn is joined to an ear wire.
- Repeat all the above steps to make another ear hanging.
Do you think this kundan jewellery can rock the party? Are you fond of fancy costume jewelleries? Is this jewellery making project helpful for you? Your feedback helps Tantu to grow.
Bye until the next post!